Monday, January 21, 2013

Yule Presents 2013

Hey.

I'm trying to decide what to make for family and friends for Yule and birthdays throughout the year.

Lipbalms?  Here's a supplier of the stuff I need (it's brambleberry.com)

Hats?  I've already been told no more hats by one sister, and I haven't made hats for her husband in three years, and haven't made one for her in ... well, this year at least.  My mom and my grandma don't seem to be too fond of most hats either.  Definitely not hats.  Or scarfs. 

Bags?  What kind?

Seeds?

Wall art?  I haven't done this in years.  Since high school!  Maybe...

Of course, I'll do things specific to the person too.  I've just decided that it's nice to make a lot of one thing, and include them in everyone's boxes.

Bookmarks.  My people need to read more.

Sigh.

I'm kind of cranky.  The hat thing made me sad, the banishment of hats that haven't been given in years.  And my toddler thought it was a good idea to dump cereal on the ground repeatedly.   She was a very contrary beast this afternoon.

I really had to remind myself that toddlers are unreasonable.  It's their job to explore and test, and it's my job to not freak out.  It was challenging to maintain my cool.

We painted some plastic and clay animals we found at a thrift store today.   I need to make the kidlet some kind of art smock.  It was good to do something crafty together.

No comments:

Post a Comment