Friday, January 4, 2013

Mama Malarkey's First Post

Hey.  I've been blogging on hybridhopes for years.  I wanted to start fresh.
Welcome to our voyage.
Our first post.
Maybe my voyage, my first post.  My ideas, although I'm part of something.  I'm a whole, but part of something. 
Aren't we all.

Anyway, I got tired of thinking my blogging should be filled with beautiful or cute pics illustrating each step of diy tutes.  I never really did a good job of that anyway, ever.

This blog will definitely have dirt under its nails, and piss and vinegar in its veins.  Occasional righteous anger, and probably not so righteous.

About me, or why you should keep reading:
I'm hopeful, I'm human, I'm into a lot of things, I'm stressed, I try not to be a douchebag and I try to "reduce my footprint" and make things better than when I came. 

I am currently watching HGTV's International House Hunters, and these fancies are buying a vacation home, and I am mad.  Is it because I'm a hater?  Maybe.  I'd love to move to Canada, or Finland, so my kid could have a good education.  We're getting by.  I work hard, and I make a lot of money, I think, definitely more than my mom did when she was supporting us herself.  It pisses me off that there are a lot of people making less than me that barely get by, that incur debt for necessities.  Then people like Mitt Romney who get their "entitlements" and feed off the government while criticizing folks like my mom who works and works and works and still isn't living the dream.  And by living the dream, I mean, being able to eat healthy food, pay her rent in a nice 1-2 bedroom place, visit her out of town kids once a year, and have decent solid transportation.

Anyway, this is more ranting than I meant to do for my first post.  I still want to have tutorials and other useful shit, and I want to give praise to things that I like (like the Multnomah library system). 

Peace out,
Mama Malarkey

No comments:

Post a Comment