Friday, June 27, 2014

Baked Stuffed Squash Blossoms

I have been meaning to try fried squash blossoms for four or five years now.  I hate the deep fry hassle though, and all that leftover oil makes me wish I was doing biodiesel.  I guess it's good that I don't because I'd feel more okay with frying shit up all the time.

So I saw this oven baked squash recipe: http://www.katherinemartinelli.com/blog/2012/baked-stuffed-squash-blossoms/ and gave it a go.

I saved up male mystery squash blossoms for two or three days til I had 8 or so.  Kept 'em in the fridge in glasses half full of water until this morning.

I left the stamens in place, recipe didn't describe flower prep. 

I changed the stuffing a bit.  I used too much salt.  I used store bought bread crumbs.  I used basil and lemon verbena in the cheese mixture

The outside though, the dredging process, I followed exactly.

They would've tasted better fried.  I may cook squash blossoms again, but never based around this recipe.  I'd rather eat them raw in a salad, which I may do later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment